How does CHD Reduce health disparities?
- Trained CHD staff delivers culturally-appropriate services to help residents navigate the county’s healthcare system.
- They assist in establishing ongoing relationships with healthcare providers and advocate for personal responsibility for their clients’ health through education.
- This service is offered free-of-cost at county clinics in East, West and Central Contra Costa.
- Based in the clinics, CHD is reducing health disparities by helping individuals and families in the following ways.
- Establish a primary healthcare “home” with a doctor or clinic
- Obtain initial medical and dental appointments
- Apply for publicly funded health benefits
- Talk with their healthcare providers about medical issues