Concord, CA 94520
Salary: $0.00 to $18.00 /hour
Are you interested in changing people’s lives…Center for Human Development is looking for someone like you…
Project Success Program Coordinator
Position is Full Time, Non-exempt
The Center for Human Development is a community-based organization that offers a spectrum of services for at-risk youth, individuals, families, and communities in the Bay Area. Since 1972, we have provided wellness programs and support aimed at empowering people and promoting positive growth. Our dedicated staff and several hundred volunteers create and deliver programs and services addressing wellness and prevention, youth leadership, conflict resolution, parenting skills, and other challenges facing the community. We deliver quality programs in school, clinic, and community sites throughout Contra Costa as well as nearby counties. We are known for our innovative programs and are committed to improving the quality of life in our communities.
Project SUCCESS is an evidence-based Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) prevention program for youth. The Project SUCCESS Program Coordinator facilitates resiliency-focused AOD Prevention Education groups; interactive, activity-based Process groups; and individual Prevention Assessment and Brief Intervention. The Program Coordinator also facilitates school-wide and parent-specific AOD services awareness activities and events.
Job Description: The Project SUCCESS Program Coordinator assists the Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AODS) Program Manager in the implementation of specific programs. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position serving youth at two middle school sites in Contra Costa County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit program participants;
- Collaborate with school administrators, teachers, and staff;
- Implement and facilitate program activities with program participants;
- Provide resource and referral information to program participants;
- Maintain all data required for reporting purposes, including program evaluations;
- Attend staff and county meetings, trainings, and clinical supervision as required;
- Conduct outreach and facilitate parent education events;
- Work with AODS Program Manager to adapt and revise program as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating and facilitating groups with youth and parents from high-risk environments;
- Demonstrated skills in working with youth individually, providing crisis intervention and community referrals;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including basic computer skills;
Credentials and Experience:
- Associate degree in health, human services, or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two to three (2-3) years experience with youth and families and experience in substance abuse prevention or related field;
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Occasional evenings and weekends as requested;
- Valid California Drivers License
- Reliable transportation and proof of insurance;
- Successful background check;
- Clear T.B. test.
$18.00 hourly rate
Benefits include medical, dental, 11 holidays and 19 vacation days per year and a retirement plan. This is a full-time (40 hours per week), non-exempt position.
People of Color and Bilingual Applicants Strongly Encouraged to Apply
CHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate as to sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin including language limitations, ancestry, medical condition (cancer/genetic characteristics), age (40 and above), disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation, gender identification, or Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran status. CHD maintains a smoke-free environment.