Center for Human Development (CHD) is a community-based 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization that offers a spectrum of services for at-risk youth, individuals, families, and communities in the Bay Area. Since 1972 we have provided wellness programs and support aimed at empowering people and promoting positive growth.
Our dedicated staff and several hundred volunteers create and deliver programs and services addressing wellness, youth leadership, conflict resolution, parenting skills, and other challenges facing the community.
Our volunteers work side-by-side with our staff to deliver quality programs in schools and community sites throughout Contra Costa as well as San Francisco and Alameda counties. We are known for our innovative programs and are committed to improving the quality of life in our communities.
What We Value
- Educating youth and adults about alcohol, tobacco and other substance abuse prevention.
- Standing up for healthy, non-violent communities.
- Mobilizing young people to create change in their communities.
- Supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning teens.
- Training and supporting volunteers and valuing their contribution.
- Celebrating diversity in the largest sense of the word.
- Using the power of group process and teamwork to advance toward goals.
- Making services affordable and accessible to all members of the community.
Concord, Ca. Walnut Creek, Ca. Moraga, Ca. Pleasant Hill, Ca. Clayton, Ca. Orinda, Ca. Lamorinda. Lafayette, Ca. Brentwood, Ca. Richmond, Ca. Martinez, Ca. Danville, Ca. Alamo, Ca. San Ramon, Ca. Oakley, Ca. Antioch, Ca.